[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.3 Installation Woes on OS X

Ryan Rosario uclamathguy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 03:15:28 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am using the binary GRASS.app 6.3 CVS
070530<http://www.kyngchaos.com/files/software/unixport/GRASS-6.3-070530.zip>from
the
KyngChaos.com website. I am having some difficult getting GRASS 6.3 to
install correctly.

I believe in my previous version of GRASS on another system, the installer
created the directory "/Users/ryan/grass" for me and put the Spearfish
dataset in there. This directory does not exist after installing this new
version for some reason. When I start GRASS, I get an error:

WARNING: location <<UNKNOWN>> at GISDBASE </Users/ryan> is not a directory
or does not exist.

because /Users/ryan/grass does not exist. There is also no Spearfish dataset
anywhere. If I manually create the grass folder, I still get the error b/c
Grass doesn't detect it.

For some reason, the  .grass6rc file and the executable grass63 will not
install.

Am I missing something? I installed all of the frameworks before installing
6.3 but I cannot get it to install completely.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan Rosario
Center for Environmental Statistics