[GRASS-user] problem in v.drape command

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 04:22:42 EDT 2007

> PS: do you think that we should exit after issuing the warning?

If vector z values can be assigned to NULL, I'd suggest G_warning(). If
0 I'd suggest don't write bad data and G_fatal_error() (which calls
exit(EXIT_FAILURE). But I've no experience with the module, so that's
just my 2c.

> If so, is there a G_ function to do that cleanly?

just use G_fatal_error() without G_warning().

> A patch based on this suggestion is attached. I have tested and it
> appears to work.

AFAICT it looks ok, but it is very hard to read:

Please keep indentation and code patches separate. It makes it very hard
to see real changes in the .diff. See SUBMITTING rule #15. Also please
follow the suggested indent rules for new code. (indent level of 4,
tabstop of 8, max line length 80 chars)

indent codes explained:
 http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Development#Explanation_of_C_indentation_rules

thanks,