[GRASS-user] v.extract breaks on latest update

Allan Hollander adhollander at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 11 14:48:13 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have been using v.extract to select out points using the 'where' option. I run 6.3cvs,
and updated from the CVS repository yesterday (10 July). Suddenly v.extract
was unable to extract out any points. I noticed that there were changes in CVS
to v.extract on 4 July (the log entry says "BugFix: Do not extract centroids
outside area"), and I'm wondering if these changes introduced another bug.
My workaround was to do the v.extract using 6.2.2RC1, but wanted to call
this issue to somebody's attention. Below are outputs from v.info and v.extract
for my problematic case.

Best regards,

Allan Hollander

v.info map=cnddbpnt at adh layer=1

 | Layer:           cnddbpnt at adh                                              |
 | Mapset:          adh                                                       |
 | Location:        califalbers                                               |
 | Database:        /home/adh/datasets/GRASSdb                                |
 | Title:                                                                     |
 | Map scale:       1:1                                                       |
 | Map format:      native                                                    |
 | Name of creator:                                                           |
 | Source date:                                                               |
 |   Type of Map:  vector (level:2)                                           |
 |   Number of points:       52222           Number of areas:      0          |
 |   Number of lines:        0               Number of islands:    0          |
 |   Number of boundaries:   0               Number of faces:      0          |
 |   Number of centroids:    0               Number of kernels:    0          |
 |   Map is 3D:              0                                                |
 |   Number of dblinks:      1                                                |
 |         Projection: Albers Equal Area                                      |
 |               N:    449563.7325663    S:  -604569.76983607                 |
 |               E:    539711.7553733    W:  -374172.94193023                 |
 |   Digitization threshold: 0                                                |
 |   Comments:                                                                |

v.extract input=cnddbpnt at adh output=velbpnt type=point,line,boundary,centroid,area,face layer=1 new=-1 {where=elmcode = 'IICOL48011'}

Load cats from the database (table = cnddbpnt, db = /home/adh/datasets/GRASSdb/califalbers/adh/dbf/).

194 cats loaded from the database
Building topology ...
Registering lines:
0 primitives registered
Building areas:
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands:
Attaching centroids: Topology was built.
Number of nodes     :   0
Number of primitives:   0
Number of points    :   0
Number of lines     :   0