[GRASS-user] Lines with anti-aliasing

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Sun Jul 15 05:42:12 EDT 2007

On 14.07.2007 19:34, nikguitar wrote:
> Hello Gents,
> anyone knows if is possible to have smoothed lines in maps generated from
> grass? I'm doing a map where bathymetry and elevation are combined with a
> vector layer related to political boundaries. The quality of the map is
> impressive, not the boundaries. They are extremely pixelated. It's a pity!
>
> Any advices?

Try this:
First draw the vector map normally. Then on top of that put the same
vector map but put boundary width to be 2 more then the previous layer,
and set it's opaque value to 20% or something like that (you might need
to experiment a little depending on the background color and the color
of your lines. Also don't fill areas, just draw the boundaries, and you
should get a nice anti-aliasing-like effect even for filled areas.

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>