[GRASS-user] Display of lat long with WTM83, NAD83 based map

John R. johnr at wowway.com
Fri Jul 20 10:39:59 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have an aerial photo referenced with WTM83, NAD83. It is loaded into
GRASS and I can successfully overlay a grid such as this:

	d.grid size=50 origin=0,0  color=0:255:255 bordercolor=0:0:0

However, this displays the coordinates with the above reference (meter
based).  I would like to display latitude and longitude in degrees.

Do I need to modify the image file to do this?
Are there options in GRASS to display lat long without changing the
image file?

Because d.grid -g option wants a lat long database and I can't seem to
generate the -w option from gis.m, I am not sure where to go with this.

Thanks,

John