[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] gdal import an nodata cells

Michael Perdue michael_perdue at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 20 14:31:28 EDT 2007

Ops... Looks like Geotiff does allow for storing no-data values. But
HFA (not too sure which format IMA is) and others don't appear too.

Question?

is float(nan) equal to double(nan)? If not, does gdal_translate
understand this when it converts a file stored as float64 to float32?
gdal_translate allows one to define what the no-data value is, but
how do I tell it to change the input no-data value to a different
output no-data value? IE, the no-data value in my surfer file is a
double precision nan, but I want the no-data value in my output
GeoTiff (float32) to be -32767. -a_nodata changes the header no-data
definition but does not change the values of the pixels that
represent no-data.

Sorry, It's not really a grass question but I thought I'd ask since
were on the topic and it's currently giving me headaches.

Cheers,

Mike