[GRASS-user] dbf File not being Created with v.in.ascii

Ryan Rosario uclamathguy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 01:40:51 EDT 2007

I have a vector of data points that I imported from a CSV file (which was
created with R). When I use v.in.ascii, no DBF file is created. I basically
need this file so I can assign different colors to data points based on the
value of the datapoint. The vector is imported correctly, but the DBF is not
created.

v.in.ascii -n input='/Users/ryan/Desktop/Desktop Stuff/ems/responseTime.csv'
output=response format=point fs=, skip=1 columns='y double, x double, z
double' x=2 y=1 z=3 cat=0 --overwrite

What am I doing wrong? I have attempted this with both the GUI and the
command line and both with and without the quotes as suggested in a previous
post. DBF files for the other vectors I imported (from ESRI) are showing up
though.

Thanks,
Ryan