[GRASS-user] Water Polygon Issue

Ryan Rosario uclamathguy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 01:56:03 EDT 2007

I have a layer called "county" to which I assign a color and the polygon is
correctly colored on the display. Unfortunately, this county layer also
includes part of the ocean that is regulated by the county. I want to
eliminate this by overlaying the water polygon for the county and assigning
it white as a background color so only the county land (excluding water)
will appear displayed.

When I assign a color to the water polygon layer, nothing happens. The layer
does not change color. It is as if this layer only defines the outline of
the water. Is there a way I can get GRASS to color in this layer so I can
achieve what I am looking for?

Thanks,
Ryan