[GRASS-user] r.los questions

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sun Jul 29 19:12:04 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-29 at 18:54 +0300, atlasis at telecom.ntua.gr wrote:
> 1. Is there an estimation of the time that r.los will be implemented for
> Lat-Long projections too?

Not really.  It's on my list of 100000 things to do...very low on the
list.  Not terribly difficult to implement, but my time is being used
elsewhere. :(

> 2. Is there a similar module, or a way usinf r.los, to compute los
> coverage in a specific altitude above the ground (i.e. 2000m)?

r.los obs_height=2000 in=in_map out=out_map coord=x,y

option "obs_height" is your height above ground.

Unless I'm working with a large region, I find it generally best to
reproject in a more specific projection/datum.  It does depend somewhat
on the data I'm working with, though.

--
73, de Brad KB8UYR/6 <rez touchofmadness com>