[GRASS-user] wxgrass: porblem with combo

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Sat Jun 2 11:11:49 EDT 2007

Hi
That problem was described on  FreegeoCZ, but I have problem with some
Czech words :))

on ubuntu feisty with wxWidgeds installed from repository:
generally after when wxgrass is started I have the message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs/etc/wx/wxgui.py", line 29, in <module>
    import wx.combo
ImportError: No module named combo

generally:

wxGRASS have started in recent (btw: congratulations, intuitive fast
interface, and times faster display!!!!!)
some elemenst works, some not (I know, it is in early development stage)
but in next start mentioned message appeared.

Meanwhile I tried (without success) compile Ggis with Python support.
Because there were problems in finding Python Include dir, I make some
changes in ld.conf.so (path to Python2.4 includes needded by qgis). I
cancelled all the changes  (and run ldconfig, of course)

Generaly, it worked, and without any particular reasons have stopped.
Any ideas??

I have wx installed in /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx it is 2.8.1. version
I have both python 2.4 and 2.5 installed in /usr

Jarek