PD: PD: [GRASS-user] problem with display monitors on mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jun 3 18:22:10 EDT 2007

On Jun 3, 2007, at 4:43 PM, Maciej Tomaszczyk wrote:
> >How is mine broken after installing Lorenzo's?
>
> Welcome to Darwin!
> /Volumes/GRASS.app\ 6.3.CVS/GRASS.app/Contents/Resources/grass.sh;
> exit
> trolls-computer:~ troll$ /Volumes/GRASS.app\ 6.3.CVS/GRASS.app/
> Contents/Resources/grass.sh; exit
> usage: dirname path
> cut: /etc/VERSIONNUMBER: No such file or directory
> /Volumes/GRASS.app 6.3.CVS/GRASS.app/Contents/Resources/grass.sh:
> line 80: /etc/build_html_user_index.sh: No such file or directory
> /Volumes/GRASS.app 6.3.CVS/GRASS.app/Contents/Resources/grass.sh:
> line 86: /etc/Init.sh: No such file or directory
> /Volumes/GRASS.app 6.3.CVS/GRASS.app/Contents/Resources/grass.sh:
> line 86: exec: /etc/Init.sh: cannot execute: No such file or directory
> logout
> [Process completed]

Ah, you moved my GRASS before installing Lorenzo's?  I had a quoting
problem in the OSX startup that is fixed in recent versions.  Older
versions of 6.3CVS and I think all 6.2 versions also have a problem
running the GUI when there is a space in the path - there was a
quoting problem that was fixed, and I don't know if it was backported
to 6.2.  My recent 6.3 CVS build should be fine with this.  6.2.x
kinda runs - the GUI won't start (I think that was the problem).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy