[GRASS-user] LIDAR Data

Dr. Manuel Seeger seeger at uni-trier.de
Wed Jun 6 02:39:33 EDT 2007

Hello again,

yesterday it was the laser day:
we have obtained huge airborne laserscanner data, and want to try out
the modules in GRASS.
after importing the xyz-data into vector-file we apply v.lidar.edgedetection
second step should be v.lidar growing. but it does not work

GRASS 6.3.cvs (Morbach):~ > v.lidar.growing
input=morbach55156_edge at PERMANENT output=morbach55156_grow
input_first=morbach55156
database=/home/seeger/Documents/GRASSDATA/Morbach/PERMANENT/dbf/
driver=dbf tj=0.2 td=0.6
dbmi: Protocol error
ERROR: It was impossible open table

well, this is the error I get. I dont know how to handle with this.

Any suggestions?

Another question. How many points can be handled with grass and these
modules (or grass vector files in general)?

Manuel

(thanks for the first help with terrestrial laserscanning data, I will
go deeper into this!)

--
please visit www.warela.eu
and participate:

WaReLa scientific conference on

Integrated catchment management
for hazard mitigation

September 24-26, 2007 in Trier, Germany
Dr. Manuel Seeger
Wiss. Assistent 			Scientific Assistant
Physische Geographie 			Dpt. of Physical Geography
FB VI - Geographie/Geowissenschaften 	Geography/Geosciences
Universität Trier			University of Trier
D - 54286 Trier
Tel.:	+49-651-201 4557
Fax:	+49-651-201 3976