[GRASS-user] updated ordinary kriging example using spearfish

Poizot Emmanuel poizot at cnam.fr
Thu Jun 7 02:55:25 EDT 2007

Dylan Beaudette a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have just posted an example of ordinary kriging using the common spearfish
> data. This is based as close as possible to the most current use of GRASS-R
> bindings. Any criticism is appreciated, as this example will be going into
> other materials... and needs to be as up-to-date as possible.
>
> again this is just an example, not a treatise on geostatistics.
>
> http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/drupal/node/438
>
> cheers,

Hi,

Perhaps I would say that to conducte a geostatistic interpolation a best
as possible, it's missing an anysothropy analysis before choosing to fit
a model to your semi-variogram. Looking to your primary results, it
seems that there is variance gradient North-South, so that perhaps the
variogram have to be construct to take it into account if exists.
Regards

Emmanuel Poizot
Cnam/Intechmer
B.P. 324