[GRASS-user] GRASS in th UK

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 04:33:57 EDT 2007

Hello Ravi.

My main research interests are focused on geomorphometry and terrain
analysis, so I'm not doing any geological modeling in GRASS (at least
not now, but i want to). I my opinion, GRASS is behind Arc (and other
commercial packages) only in terms of final map creation (easy to
make, visual tools, etc). We also need some more interactive image
analysis tools (histogram stretching, for instance). Other than that,
I think we are _way_ ahead of ArcStuff. But that is just me saying,
since I don't have Windows in my computer for about five years now...

cheers

carlos