[GRASS-user] GNU GPL version 3 and Grass code

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jun 28 10:31:15 EDT 2007

Patton, Eric wrote:
> With the GNU GPL version 3 scheduled to be released tomorrow, are there any
> plans on adopting this license for Grass?

Eric,

Has it been approved by OSI yet?  OSGeo has taken the position that project
code will only be released under OSI approved licenses, and so I think
project adoption of GPL3 should wait for that process to be completed
by OSI.

I asked OSI (via one director) about it a few months ago and they hadn't
started any serious review at that time.

Best regards,