[GRASS-user] grassflyer

Emiliano Giovanni Vavassori testina at sssup.it
Thu Mar 1 12:39:18 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm not of the developing team for the flyer, but I'm a LaTeX user and I
want to give you some advices, if I may.

Il giorno Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 04:40:40PM +0100, Malte Halbey-Martin ha scritto:
> 1. Captions for the figures? yes no? Are they just appetizers or
> should they give more informations?

IMHO, captions need to be there. But please, do not use the default
\caption command. Check for the package 'caption' and use it to
configure the appearance of the captions. In particular, there's no need
for 'Figure 1' in every caption.

> 2. I don't know why there's a page number on the first page. It
> shouldn't be there by default and even with \pagestyle{empty} it stays
> there. Any hints?

Try using \thispagestyle{empty} right after the first sectioning
command (or after \begin{document}). I do not have the sources to look
for, so I cannot be more helpful.

Another pair of ideas.

Firstly, 8 Mbs for this flyer is way too much. I suggest to check for
the dimensions of the images included and rescaling them to smaller
dimensions if they are too big. This would decrease the total size of
the file by at least 10 times.

One minor change can be the links typewrited in monospaced font (and in
blue, if possibile); may be too obvious, but I think it is more clear.

If you need some help, I'm here.

Bye.
--
Emiliano Giovanni Vavassori - http://syntaxerrormmm.altervista.org/