[GRASS-user] r.error in watershead on qgis windows

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Mar 7 06:59:06 EST 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Pierluigi De Rosa wrote:

> Hi Hamish
>
> Yes, I have exactly tha same problem also with the spearfish dataset...
> I don`t know if on Cygwin it works!

It works for me on native Windows, current CVS (note I'm not using QGIS):
GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish):C:\Documents and Settings\Paul >r.watershed \
elev=elevation.dem thresh=4000 drainage=drain
SECTION 1a (of 5): Initiating Memory.
SECTION 1b (of 5): Determining Offmap Flow.
  100%
SECTION 2: A * Search.
  100%
SECTION 3: Accumulating Surface Flow.
  100%
SECTION 4: Watershed determination.
SECTION 5: Closing Maps.

GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish):C:\Documents and Settings\Paul >

Something worth looking at might be whether it is line-ending related. In
my local copy of lib/gis/getl.c I have the body of G_getl() replaced by a
call to G_getl2() {G_getl2() copes with Windows line endings when reading
text files}. BUT I just changed it back and tried r.watershed again and it
still works. But that could just be because my spearfish has Unix line
endings on the raster cat files - it could still be a problem. Or I could
be totally on the wrong track. There might be some other native Windows
changes that have "accidentally" fixed it.

Paul