[GRASS-user] r.out format

Tyler Smith tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 8 01:00:04 EST 2007

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 05:24:54AM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:

> This matches the output from r.out.arc; AFAICT, r.out.ascii has never
> been able to produce that format.
>

> > What do I need to do to export in the first format above, and to do so
> > in such a way that only the current region is exported, not the whole
> > raster map?
>
> r.out.arc, probably.

Thank you! That's it exactly. Now I feel like a bit of a bone-head for not
having seen what was right there in the help pages all along.

On a related note, what is the best way to store your work from one
session to the next? If I had been able to go back over my previous
days work I'd have seen that I was using r.out.arc in the first
place. I was thinking of running grass from a shell inside emacs, and
then saving the buffer at the end of the session as a log of my
efforts, unless anyone has a better idea?

--
Regards,

Tyler Smith