[GRASS-user] gis.m fails in latest cvs and black images from nivz

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Wed Mar 14 17:46:19 EDT 2007

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I just compiled the latest cvs (Ubuntu 6.10), and gis.m fails with
> "child proccess exited abnormally"... just after I select the
> Location/Mapaset for the session.

I don't confirm, using fresh 6.3 CVS on Ubuntu 6.06.1 Dapper

> Also, when in nviz (both with 6.2.1 and with 6.3cvs), when I try to
> save the view as an image (ppm, tiff, or max.res. ppm), all I get is a
> black image.

For me saving to ppm and tiff work OK. Saving to max res ppm however
results in over 40 black or corrupted ppms, some of them ahving the
'tmp' in their name, like if they were some remainments of temporary files.

Anyway, I cannot confirm other of your problems.

For a wild guess, I tried changing my shell from bash to dash, wchich
Ubuntu 6.10 uses by default. This doesn't brake anything either. Both
bash and dash let the startup gui, gis.m and nviz run fine.

Maciek