[GRASS-user] DBMI Protocol Error Cannot open Database Problem

adnan rauf adnanrauf143 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 10:15:13 EDT 2007

hy everbody,

I am having some problem while using attribute data with a vector file. When i try and use attribute whether im digitizing it or displaying attributes its gives a message "DBMI Protocol ERROR Cannot open database"

What might be cause of it? I've heard about droping a certain column named "cat_" that is created while re-importing vectors etc.

Kindly tell me a easier solution. something that can be done with existing grass (6.2.0) options.

Thanks in Advance