[GRASS-user] gshhstograss.c

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 22:58:35 EDT 2007

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:43:39 +1300,
Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

[...]

> I successfully imported them just a few weeks ago. Download the
> shapefile versions and load them with v.in.ogr.

Thanks, yes, I was also able to import them like that, but failed to
reproject a subset of the data into UTM.  I used v.in.ogr to create a new
location with the geographic data, created another location with the
desired UTM and region settings, and then used v.proj to bring the
geographic vector to the new location.  I got a very weird result
(http://members.shaw.ca/sluque/earctic.png).  That's why I thought
something might be wrong with the shapefiles, so tried to use the
gshhstograss program instead.

--
Seb