[GRASS-user] i.smap fails to find signature file

Roy Sanderson R.A.Sanderson at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri Mar 16 11:47:18 EDT 2007

Hello

When trying to use i.smap, the following error occurs:

i.smap group=ikonos subgroup=ikonos02 signaturefile=tmp_sig
output=roth_class02_4m
WARNING: unable to open signature file tmp_sig for subgroup ikonos02 of
         group [ikonos in roy]
ERROR: Signature file [tmp_sig] is missing or not readable.

i.maxlik works without problems on the same signature file.  Searching the
user archives, I notice that Michael Barton posted the identical error on
26 April 2004, but I can't locate the solution message.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?  Using Grass 6.2 and Grass 6.0
on Fedora 5.

Many thanks
Roy

-------
Roy Sanderson
Institute for Research on Environment and Sustainability
Devonshire Building
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU