[GRASS-user] v.surf.rst

Amaginary Studios amagine at telus.net
Sun Mar 18 14:40:46 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have been toying with creating 3D surfaces from my vector data
(contour lines) matched to my AirPhotos out of interest.

My vector file has a category "ELEVATION" with all the z values in
meters.

Now, when I try to run v.surf.rst I receive this output:

DBMI-Postgres driver error:
Cannot select:
SELECT cat, ELEVATION FROM w0124.contour
ERROR:  column "cat" does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT cat, ELEVATION FROM w0124.contour
                ^

Reading lines from vector map ...
Database record for cat 1 not found

It is true I do not have this column "cat" in my w0124.contour table.

I am interested in understanding what this column "cat" is used for
and some more information on how I should be addressing this issue.

Thank you.

Mars

Amaginary Studios
amagine at telus.net
Phone 250 845 7999

Mars Sjoden
3320 Mount Davis Way
Houston BC
V0J 1Z2

READ CAREFULLY.
By reading this email, you agree, on behalf of your employer, to
release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all
NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap,
clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete
and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered
into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns,
in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me from
any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.