[GRASS-user] Vector Labels - database - (case sensitivity)

Amaginary Studios amagine at telus.net
Mon Mar 19 17:31:51 EDT 2007

On 19-Mar-07, at 1:59 PM, Moritz Lennert wrote:

>> From the PostgreSQL manual:
>
> "Identifier and key word names are case insensitive. Therefore
>
> UPDATE MY_TABLE SET A = 5;
>
> can equivalently be written as
>
> uPDaTE my_TabLE SeT a = 5;"
>
> (this hasn't changed since PostgreSQL 7.4)

I think this is why I was so confused... or... perhaps why I may
still be :)

I was not worried about case sensitivity in my PostgreSQL database
table columns.

Somehow, though, it appears I could not query my 'Elevation' column
for labeling until I edited it to 'elevation' lowercase.

So, this must be something to do with the way the Database manager in
GRASS works?

very interesting.

Mars