[GRASS-user] python gui?

Amaginary Studios amagine at telus.net
Mon Mar 19 18:23:58 EDT 2007

I just finished looking through the slides for the new Python GUI.

It does look very similar to Tcl/Tk GUI but the new additions look
very nice.

The tool bar pallets are nice,

I also like the use of Tabs for the GIS Manager.  Would a person be
able to "tear" away the tabs into a separate window, and return them?

Is it also possible to somehow make any scrollable 'pane' resizable
for ease of viewing. ie the EPGS code lists...

What are the main advantages to a Python GUI over Tcl/Tk GUI?

just curious.

Great work! I am really impressed with the talent within the GRASS
community.

cheers,

Mars