[GRASS-user] r.surf.contour

Amaginary Studios amagine at telus.net
Wed Mar 21 02:53:54 EDT 2007

Thank you Hamish,

I'll try aligning to resolution as you suggest and remove any
unnecessary empty space...

I can let one of my cores go 100%, for a day or so, not a problem.
   I was just wondering about estimated time for rendering so I
wasn't spinning cpu cycles for no reason.

I will report back when it finishes.

Thank you.

Mars

On 20-Mar-07, at 9:49 PM, Hamish wrote:

> Amaginary Studios wrote:
>> I am running r.surf.contour and it is ... taking quite a long time...
>>
>> I am just wondering how long the average processing time is with the
>> following g.region
>>
>> projection: 1 (UTM)
>> zone:       9
>> datum:      nad83
>> ellipsoid:  grs80
>> north:      6052143.70894
>> south:      6018782.69306
>> west:       644196.986023
>> east:       657085.826063
>> nsres:      4.00012181
>> ewres:      4.00026072
>> rows:       8340
>> cols:       3222
>> cells:      26 871 480
>>
>> Perhaps the resolution is too high?
>>
>> so far it has been running for 6hours.
>

> It can take a long time. Perhaps 24 hours; let it run over night, it
> will eventually finish. IIRC, the 0-100% done counter isn't very
> linear
> with that module.
>
> the more big empty spaces in the input map, the longer it will take.
>

> suggestion: align resolution to exactly 4m:
>   g.region res=4 -a
>

> Hamish

Amaginary Studios
amagine at telus.net
Phone 250 845 7999

Mars Sjoden
3320 Mount Davis Way
Houston BC
V0J 1Z2

READ CAREFULLY.
By reading this email, you agree, on behalf of your employer, to
release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all
NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap,
clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete
and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered
into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns,
in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me from
any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.