[GRASS-user] Creation of a DEM

Amaginary Studios amagine at telus.net
Sat Mar 24 13:11:42 EDT 2007

Actually I just finished learning how to do all this, thanks to the
all the great help here.

You can review in the recent March Archive;

This is what I found to work for me.

1. I restricted my region setting to the bounds of my contours.  *
reason for this, I was told large areas of blank space can really
slow down the processing time.

2. I forced the region settings to align to resolution also using  "-
a" ( or checking the "align to resolution..." check box under the
"Bounds" tab for the "g.region" settings in gis.m

3. Display region settings to make sure everything looks good. * make
sure resolution is a whole number not some odd ball 5.0009345321 I
was told this may cause problems.

Now you can go either of Two ways (as far as I know).  Both ways
worked fine for me.

v.surf.rst

I essentially just inputted my vector map with contour data and
specified the attribute column with the elevation info, named my
raster output map... ** make sure your attribute column names are all
in small caps in your vector table.

  v.to.rast + r.surf.contour

both methods worked fine for me.

cheers.

Mars

On 24-Mar-07, at 7:04 AM, megha shyam wrote:

> Please help me in creation of DEM.i have a vector layer contaning
> contour information.How to create a DEM model  of this.Can you tell
> me the stpes to be followed
>
> shyam
>

> Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Yahoo! Answers

Amaginary Studios
amagine at telus.net
Phone 250 845 7999

Mars Sjoden
3320 Mount Davis Way
Houston BC
V0J 1Z2

READ CAREFULLY.
By reading this email, you agree, on behalf of your employer, to
release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all
NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap,
clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete
and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered
into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns,
in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me from
any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.