[GRASS-user] 'where' sql command in d.vect and others

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 17:30:05 EDT 2007

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:05:05 -0500,
Seb <spluque at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> However, the same doesn't work within the display manager with, for
> instance, d.vect.  In that case, the 'where' parameter ends up within
> braces in the actual call.

Some more fiddling led me to find out the correct syntax in display
manager:

str_3='"W Arctic"'

which creates a valid sql query and the map plots correctly.  However,
this runs into another problem with d.out.file from a display of the
queried map and says:

Sorry <Arctic'> is not a valid option

Could this be a bug?  If the 'where' statement does its job with this
string, I would have expected d.out.file to work too.

Cheers,

--
Seb