[GRASS-user] problem with v.edit tool=merge

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Tue Mar 27 15:38:56 EDT 2007

Martin Landa napisał(a):
> Hi,
>
> could be possible to reproduce this vector data?
>
> Martin
>
> 2007/3/27, Jaros�aw Jasiewicz <jarekj at amu.edu.pl>:
>> Hi
>> I tired:
>>
>> v.edit map=linie layer=1 type=line tool=merge thresh=0 cats=14,15
>>
>> and I recived:
>>
>> GRASS_INFO_MESSAGE(6432,1): [2] of [17] features selected
>> GRASS_INFO_MESSAGE(6432,2): [0] features merged
>> GRASS_INFO_MESSAGE(6432,3): v.edit complete.
>>

>> I also tried with no treshold parameter. Result is the same
>>
>> but If I use tool=snap all is ok,lines are snapped (but I ecxpect merge,
>> not only snap)
>>
>> do I something wrong?
>>
>> I add it is very simple vector file with few lines, crated to experiment
>> with that new fascinating tool
>>
>> Jarek

thanks for ansver

but how to reproduce???

I just simply draw (v.digit) few lines (with categories but without
table) in new vector.
Lines look like ---1--  ---2----  ---3---, every line has own cat

now I try:
v.edit map=linie layer=1 type=line tool=merge thresh=0 cats=1,2

GRASS_INFO_MESSAGE(6432,1): [2] of [3] features selected
GRASS_INFO_MESSAGE(6432,2): [0] features merged
GRASS_INFO_MESSAGE(6432,3): v.edit complete.

and green bar stops at half...

if I try similar tool:
v.edit map=linie layer=1 type=line tool=snap thresh=0 cats=1,2

all goes OK i.e lines are snapped
I tried it on few files and few machines everywhere it gos the same

I add, I need that tool. I prepared useful scrpit (for now it works with
snap option only) which (will be) based
on that tool. So I need to understand If there is problem with tool and
I shall look for another solution (or wait) or I do something wrong

regards

Jarek