[Fwd: Re: [GRASS-user] some hints for grass 6.3, now on etch !]

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 03:50:46 EDT 2007

Hello

Let me jump into this too (I have seen georgs setup). The problem is
> that configure does not handle gdal-config correct. Evem if you give a
> nonexistant path to gdal-config, configure does not bail out with an
> error. You need to scroll up to see the error and at the end it gets
> summed up that gdal is found.
>
> > I guess its an bug in the configure script.
>
> Yes, definetly.
>
> Best
>
>         Stephan

Ok, I have recently compiled 6.3cvs snapshot and gdal and had the same
g.region problem on debian, I have followed the on site instructions and
everything went fine but I forgot to set up ld.so.conf correctly.

Installing grass6.2.2 on another debian box, apt complained about missing
gdal-config instead.

Anyway, good work!!

regards
raffaele