[GRASS-user] GRASS & MODIS L3 data

Ivan Shmakov ivan at ivanshmakov.homeip.net
Fri Mar 30 11:24:36 EDT 2007

	[Since my posting seem not to be delivered, I'm resending it.
	As a subscribed person, this time.]

	Browsing through the list, I've got an impression that GRASS
	cannot import MODIS Level 2 data directly.  IIUC, the main
	problem is that the consequent rows of the data sets overlap
	``on the Earth'', and it couldn't be fixed by either `i.rectify'
	or `gdalwarp'.  Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

	Is the use of a reprojection tool the only solution?  I know
	about MODIS Reprojection Tool [1] and MODIS Swath-to-Grid
	Toolbox [2]; are there any other tools available?  Have anyone
	made a comparison between these tools?

[1] http://edcdaac.usgs.gov/landdaac/tools/modis/index.asp
[2] http://nsidc.colorado.edu/data/modis/ms2gt/