[GRASS-user] GRASS & MODIS L3 data

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 13:40:07 EDT 2007

Hi Ivan,

On 30 Mar 2007 22:24:36 +0700, Ivan Shmakov <ivan at ivanshmakov.homeip.net> wrote:
>         Browsing through the list, I've got an impression that GRASS
>         cannot import MODIS Level 2 data directly.  IIUC, the main
>         problem is that the consequent rows of the data sets overlap
>         ``on the Earth'', and it couldn't be fixed by either `i.rectify'
>         or `gdalwarp'.  Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

I use a lot of MODIS data (all levels essentially). Rather than using
the HEGTools, I have written a small python script that uses GDAL (and
Markus Neteler's notes on how to reproject MODIS data) to reproject
and select the area I want. The ouput is GeoTIFF, which can then be
easily imported into GRASS.

If you want to have a look at it, let me know, and I'll send it over.

Jose