[GRASS-user] update - import irregular rectangular noisemap grids

Ulrich Leopold uleopold at science.uva.nl
Wed May 2 06:12:31 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 2, 2007 10:58, Ulrich Leopold wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have some irregular rectangular grids from a software called INM (Integrated
> Noise Model) to produce noisemap grids in binary (.grd) or a quite complex
> ASCII format. Is anyone of you aware how I could import those grids into
> GRASS?
>
> Also, is GRASS able to deal with irregular grids?
>
> Integrated Noise Model (INM) link
> http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/aep/models/inm_model/

I also found some further specification of the nmgf format at:
http://www.wasmerconsulting.com/nmgf.htm

> If necessary I can also provide you with an example file.
>

> Best regards,
> Ulrich

Ulrich Leopold MSc.

Dep. Phys. Geography and Soil Science
Inst. for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics
Faculty of Science
University of Amsterdam
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
NL-1018 WV Amsterdam

Phone: +31-(0)20-525-7456 (7451 Sectretary)
Fax:   +31-(0)20-525-7431
Email: uleopold at science.uva.nl
http://www.science.uva.nl/ibed/cbpg/index.html