[grass-user] grass installation

David Adam david at quercus.org
Sun May 6 00:11:49 EDT 2007

Brad Douglas wrote:

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 21:12 +1200, Hamish wrote:

> > http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass63/source/REQUIREMENTS.html
> >

> > You will need to go though the RPM dependencies and install them all.
> > No way around that, but you only have to do it once.
> > I don't know if rpm has an option to work like Debian's apt-get and
> > install the full dependancy tree automatically.
> >
> > how about using "yum" to install the package instead of "rpm"?

This page has yum installation instructions I wrote awhile ago:
http://grass.itc.it/grass62/binary/linux/fedora6/

=========

Following those instructions, all goes well until I get the message

> > http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass63/source/REQUIREMENTS.html
> >

> > You will need to go though the RPM dependencies and install them all.
> > No way around that, but you only have to do it once.
> > I don't know if rpm has an option to work like Debian's apt-get and
> > install the full dependancy tree automatically.
> >
> > how about using "yum" to install the package instead of "rpm"?

Following those instructions (very helpful), all goes well until I get
the error message

Package grass-6.2.1-1.fdr.fc6.i386.rpm is not signed

and yum stops without installing grass.  Do I need to correct something,
or does someone else need to do it?  This error does not appear to affect
the other rpms I downloaded from this page or the max_rpms page beneath it.

David Adam