[GRASS-user] need a data set for spatial analysis in GRASS

nishith datta nkdiitd2002 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 23:11:51 EDT 2007

hi list,
I am trying to teach spatial analysis to a group of students.
I already have ArcGIS but donot have any data set to use with it.
I wish to give the students an exposure to GRASS and spatial analysis
using GRASS. Could anyone suggest a good tutorial / resource & a data
set for use with GRASS from the spatial analysis point of view.
Plz also suggest what are the various modules available for spatial analysis

in grass. Example :- rst / idw for surface interpolation. What is for
krigging ?
what is there for overlay and buffer analysis of rasters and vectors.
Thanks
nishith