[GRASS-user] r.sim.water - error

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Mon May 14 12:57:06 EDT 2007

r.sim.water checks if the "maximum" infiltration rate is greater than
the "maximum" rainfall excess rate and, if so, gives the warning
"Infiltration exceeds the rainfall rate 'everywhere'!", which is not
true.

The r.sim.water manual says:

  user can provide a runoff infiltration rate map infil in [mm/hr] that
  control the rate of infiltration for **the already flowing water**,
  effectively reducing the flow depth and discharge.

It seems to me that the infiltration rates implicitly given by the rain
map (rainfall-infiltration) and by the infil map are different.  If they
are the same, your "rainfall rate = infiltration + runoff" holds true.
As I understand it, however, infil is not the same as infiltration in
this equation.

Huidae Cho