[GRASS-user] Changes to manual pages

Morten Sickel Morten.Sickel at nrpa.no
Tue May 15 06:50:25 EDT 2007

Just a little detail:

Presently, if you open up the index.html in the documentation, you'll get an overview of the documentation "GRASS GIS 6.2.1 Reference Manual
Geographic Resources Analysis Support System, commonly referred to as GRASS," etc. That makes sense, but, when you go down and select one of the subcategories in the "Manual sections:" eg, display commands,  database commands and so on, you are presented with a new page with exactly the same header. I am often using grass on a portable, and then what I see on screen from display.html is exactly the same as index.html.... Although most people using grass is probably having a bigger screen, I would suppose to either:
- Remove the introductory text from all the 'sub main pages' except index.html
or - Put the introductory text after the list of commands
or - Make an #anchor at the top of the list of the commands and having the hrefs in index.html to point at those.
eg, for display.html, a snippet from the html would be:
<b id="list">display commands:</b>
and the corresponding link in index.html would be <a href="display.html#list">Display commands</a>

If those html-files are not auto-generated somewhere, I can volunteer to update them, preferably with my first proposal, although I am open for all of them.

Morten Sickel
Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority