[GRASS-user] Spatial Dissolve

Darren Cope darrencope at gmail.com
Tue May 15 09:46:02 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm new to GRASS, and using it in Windows via QGIS.

I am attempting to do a "spatial dissolve" (i.e. not dissolve on an
attribute, but rather just remove unnecessary tile boundaries) on a
file that I've imported to GRASS from a shapefile, and am so far
unsuccessful.  The file contains waterbodies, and some of them are cut
in pieces by tile boundaries.  I would like to remove these
boundaries.  Can someone please help me out?  I've tried combinations
of v.extract -d with no success, and am not sure how the "category"
value apply when I'm not dissolving on an attribute.

So far my search of the archives has turned up something close, but
nothing that seems to fit my situation exactly.

Cheers,

Darren Cope
darrencope at gmail.com
http://dmcope.freeshell.org