[GRASS-user] editing grass postscript maps

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue May 15 16:29:42 EDT 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> how about concat-ing the figures into a single PS file, then converting to a
> PDF with 8 pages per sheet ?

psutils (http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~ajcd/psutils/index.html), in
particular the psnup command, can do this to PostScript without any
conversion - I've used it sucessfully many times, although the last was
quite a few years ago now. Perhaps it is installed by default on Debian?

But I was assuming there'd be a need to put extra captions and stuff under
the maps and re-arrange them on the page, which psnup won't do. I'd say
definitely the Inkscape approach is the one to go with from this point of
view; perhaps it's worth investigating in more depth what the problem with
it is (e.g. look at the raw postscript text where the image is included or
something - try it with images from the new GRASS postscript display
driver and compare results or something) before spending a lot of time
looking at alternative solutions?

Paul