[GRASS-user] v.to.points - work on region only

Jarosław Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Fri May 18 03:46:34 EDT 2007

Hi

I have simple problem - I need to convert linear featrue from huge
dataset (rivers and streams in all country - Poland over 400000
features) into points - but in lot of small regions across dataset.
Problems is because v.to.points converts all dataset into points
ignoring region definition

The only solution I know is to cut rivers to actual region (v.area and
v.overlay) and next - convert it to points. But the solution is very
slow - every v.overlay takes over 20 min for every region.

Has anybody another (faster) idea??

best wishes
Jarek