[GRASS-user] Site in Polygon Query

Stefano Costa steko at iosa.it
Wed May 23 08:36:27 EDT 2007

Il giorno mer, 23/05/2007 alle 12.29 +0200, Michael Malicky ha scritto:
> We have a map consisting of polygons and another one with sites. We
> need a
> query to filter all polygons that include at least one site. Is there
> special command for this or a script ?

Dear Michael,
even though it has not the same exact functionality you are looking for,
you might find useful the script I wrote a few days ago:
http://wiki.iosa.it/dokuwiki/spatial_analysis:feature_count

With a few adjustments it should work also for you (in fact, this script
does more than you need because it also counts how many points are
included in each polygon).

HTH, Steko

--
Stefano Costa