[GRASS-user] shaded relief maps & custom color DEM

M S mseibel at gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:26:55 EDT 2007

Thanks to Pablo and Eric.

Pablo's solution is a good one for a quick output.  The transparancy seems
to decrease the richness of the color DEM, but still produces good results.

Eric's solution is marvelous.  It retains the rich color of the input color
DEM  (I used the "elevation" color ramp) and integrates shaded relief.  Very
cool!  Thanks for the direction to the right tools for the job.  While I
have yet try the script he wrote, that looks cool too.

Thanks to both for the help.  These will create some very nice
illustrations.