[GRASS-user] simple outline of the new features in the wxGRASS GUI

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue May 29 11:28:43 EDT 2007

On 5/28/07 12:27 PM, "Tim Michelsen" <timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de> wrote:

>> I am working on some text about grass and need some background
>> information on the wxGRASS GUI. I have some details gleaned from the
>> mailing list. However, if you have a couple points or ideas which you
>> think are worth highlighting please send me a message. Namely I am
>> looking for some of the advances that have been made since the TclTk
>> GUI days.
> Today I found this:
> http://www.les-ejk.cz/english/wxgrass-new-grass-gui-2
> I can say that this will finally a real usable GUI when I look at the
> sceenshots presented there.
>
> Together with the widows this may convince more people to use GRASS.
>
> Looking forward to your text.
>
> CU

This is a nice overview. Many thanks to Jachym. I'm glad you are supportive
of our efforts to develop the new wxPython GUI. I think it is an exciting
project with a lot of potential for GRASS and GRASS users.

FWIW, however, all the neat features in this particular article are
available now in the current GRASS 6.3 GUI in TclTk.

Michael

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213