[GRASS-user] Best method for renaming a mapset?

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Tue May 29 12:36:38 EDT 2007

Scratch that, the mv command did work.

~ Eric.

-----Original Message-----
From: grassuser-bounces at grass.itc.it on behalf of Patton, Eric
Sent: Tue 5/29/2007 1:21 PM
To: grassuser at grass.itc.it
Subject: [GRASS-user] Best method for renaming a mapset?

I just tried renaming a mapset via 'mv', and although the location opens successfully, I can't access any of the rasters through the gis.m file browsing dialog. Running g.mapsets shows all of my mapsets, with the renamed one grayed out and unselectable. I renamed the mapset back to its original name, and now access to the raster data is no longer a problem. Is there a preferred method for renaming mapsets in GRASS?

~ Eric.