[GRASS-user] Some questions

Martin Besta martin.besta at googlemail.com
Wed May 30 13:08:52 EDT 2007

Hi all,
I am new here and to grass, so I have some questions about working with
grass.

First,
I have some maps and one line, witch represents the boundary of area. And I
need to trim my maps with this line (somethings like Clip by ESRI). Is it
possible with Grass tools?

Next...
To my polygon map I want to add some polygons from other polygon map
(Update, again like ESRI). I am not sure if v.patch is the best solution to
get this

Next..
Can I edit the column header (name and type) of attribute table? I know
another WIN software that can it do, but i am interested in GRASS now. Is it
possible to remove some columns from the table with Grass?

I would be happy if you could me give any answers.
Best regards