No subject

Wed Nov 14 14:03:15 EST 2007

in which all the cells of the stream map that have a value different of 0 in
the contour map take this value in the new map. Now we have a result map
which have the elevation in the intersection of the streams with the contour
lines. Later we have to fill in with elevation values the stream path in all
its length. For this, in all the stream cells, we have to follow its path in
the two senses, until the two nearest cells which have elevation value are
found. The elevation value of the target cell is equal to the lineal
interpolation along the river path of this two nearest cells with elevation
value. The problem is how to find from a stream cell the two nearest cell
with elevation value following the stream path in both senses. Could it
be made with neighbouring loops? With networks functions?

        Thanks in advance.
                                        Evaristo.

       __                                                      __
      / /          Evaristo QUIROGA RAIMUNDEZ                 / /
/    /          UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA DE BARCELONA       /    /
\__/\\    Gabinete de Analisis Territorial y Ambiental  \__/\\
     \\__ Unidad de Geodinamica Externa y Hidrogeologia      \\__
     /  /\                 Edificio CS                       /  /\
     \ / /\       08193 - Bellaterra (BARCELONA)             \ / /\
      \ /  \               SPAIN - EU                         \ /  \
       \___/        email: evaristo at cataw.uab.es               \___/