No subject

Wed Nov 14 14:03:15 EST 2007

1.  My script works on cell-maps, not vectors or sites.  It uses a
site list at an intermediate stage, since we need a list of cell
positions in the target location, at which the source map must be
sampled.  I don't understand where v.proj would come in?

2.  Using i.rectify is WRONG.  Rectification is different to re-projection.
THe latter is controlled by a set of mathematical equations based on the
functions that define the projections.  Rectification, on the other hand,
is a statistically derived, arbitrary "warp" which is useful for taking
out arbitrary distortions which might have been introduced during (say)
photographic processing.  The results may not look too different at a glance,
but there is no guarantee of accuracy using rectification, whereas ther is with
 projection.

This will either incite a "hear-hear", or a flame from Gerry Evenden, I guess!

Simon Cox