No subject

Wed Nov 14 14:03:15 EST 2007

>In article <4ia8il$nsf at newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
>EPimpler <epimpler at aol.com> wrote:
>>Does anyone know where I can find a listing or map of counties and their
>>respective stateplane zones?
>
>I have a list of all US Counties and their UTM bounding box
>coordinates and zone(s) in an Excel spreadsheet. If Evenden's
>PROJ can do the conversion (and someone can tell me how to use it),
>I'll gladly make these conversions and make this file available
>in a format fit for public consumption.

does anyone know how to do this conversion in proj or GRASS?
m.proj may work for a county at a time, but I don't want to
do this interactively for over 3000 counties.

Seems like the data in $GISBASE/etc/state  and $GISBASE/etc/FIPS*
could be useful for this operation--could someone fill me in on
the details of how to use it (perhaps in a nice little shell script)?

Darrell
--
Darrell McCauley, PhD; mccauley at mcs.com; http://www.mcs.com/~mccauley/