No subject

Wed Nov 14 14:03:15 EST 2007

1-degree square areas.  Rows x cols = 1201x1201. I uncompressed
the files with Unix's "uncompress".

I am a new GRASS user.  I have made an ernest attmept from the
information I have (a grass 4.0 manual), but have been unsucessful
bringing up an image that resembles any elevation map.  I do
have a tutorial that describes how to do this conversion from
a 1/2" magnetic tape, but after the ftp, the DEM data is not
on tape.  I tried picking up in the middle of the tutorial, once
the DEM data has been retrieved from the tape, but my combination
of commands and arguments is not working.

I would really appreciate any clues you have to offer.

Thanks,

Melannie

 _O                                       Melannie D. Hartman
/ |\/   melannie at NREL.colostate.edu       Natural Resource Ecology Laboratory
  |_    Grasslands Building, Room 106     Colorado State University
_/  \   (303) 491-2195                    Fort Collins, CO 80523