[GRASS-user] More QUESTIONS !?

nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Nov 1 11:03:55 EDT 2007

Hi!

Well... I know that I only have questions (and a lot). Hope
this will change in time...

1. I tried to install wxgrass but I get an error (see
attached screenshot). I followed the steps described in
http://www.les-ejk.cz/english/wxgrass-new-grass-gui-1

2. I can't find a How-To install grassaddons for a
beginner? I got some of the extensions (which end in .tgz)
installed with GEM. But I really have a hard time to
install for example i.pr (I really looked almost
everywhere... :| )

3. Is there a link (image to image) utility so one can
compare pixel-by-pixel 2 images of the region but with a
different date of acquisition? I try with i.spectral but I
don't know how to load an image to the monitor which is
selected to choose a location. Any ideas?

4. Why is the newbie forum not active? I mean the link in
the grass webpage doesn't work!

5. Once I finish some work related with my studies I would
like to write a practical How-To for absolute beginners.
Are there any kinds of directions?

Thank you in Advance -- Waiting for helpful hints!

                        .
         Nikos Alexandris - Ph.D. Candidate
                        .
            Department of Remote Sensing
                       and
            Landscape Information Systems
                     (FeLIS)
                        .
      Faculty of Forestry and Natural Environment
          Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg
                        .
            Tel.  +49 (0) 761 203 3697
            Fax.  +49 (0) 761 203 3701